“In ten sessions you’ll feel the difference, in twenty sessions you’ll see the difference, and in thirty sessions you’ll have a new body,” Joseph Pilates
Suitable for almost anyone aged from 16 to 80, Pilates targets the deep postural muscles, building strength from the inside out; rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment. It helps to reshape your body, making it longer, leaner and more toned while also improving posture to create the perfect balance between strength and flexibility. It’s also a great way to relieve unwanted stress and tension and, importantly is a fun and relaxed way to improve fitness, health and movement!
The Benefits of Pilates
• Improves posture and the way you move
• Tones and defines the body
• Aids weight loss
• Alleviates aches and pains
• Reduces back pain through improved posture and balanced muscle recruitment
• Reduces the risk of injury and improves performance for athletes
Pilates at Bedworth Active Health Clinic
At Bedworth Active Health Clinic we run regular group classes as well as private Pilates sessions in our purpose-built studio. Katherine trained in London as a Body Control Level 3 Pilates instructor 5 years after qualifying as an osteopath originally to enhance her range of rehabilitation skills in order to assist her patients, but due to demand and the incredible benefits that Pilates offers to a wide range of people of all ages and physical abilities, she now runs regular sessions for both patients and non-patients alike. All our instructors are fully REPs level 3 qualified.
Classes are taught in 6 to 7 week blocks to suit your level, which enables you to be taught the movements and skills step-by-step during the course. This will ultimately give you the core body strength and flexibility to perform the more advanced “classical” Pilates exercises.
Before you take part in your first Pilates session, you will be asked to complete an enrolment form, in which you will need to outline any injuries or medical conditions. This is to ensure that you can exercise safely and to assess your level of fitness so that the class you join is suitable for your abilities and requirements.
At Bedworth Active Health Clinic we limit our classes to a maximum of 8 people. This is to ensure that our instructor can give each individual adequate attention, close supervision and support. For more information on Body Control Pilates see our blog.
Group Sessions £7.00 per session (60-minute session. Block booking required)
One-to-one Session £35.00 per session
Two-to-one Session £40.00 per session
Three-to-one Session £45.00 per session
Group Body Control Pilates sessions are block-booked and are taught in courses of one-hour sessions lasting 6 or 7 weeks. This is to enable you to learn the correct movement and skill step-by-step as the course progresses, which will ultimately give you the strength and flexibility you need to advance and perform the more difficult classical Pilates exercises. If you are unable to make a particular session during your course you will be able to join another group for a catch up session, subject to availability.
Private Body Control Pilates sessions can be taught one-to-one, or two-to-one or three-to one if you would prefer to learn with a partner or friend.
Private sessions are ideal if you:
- have a specific problem, injury or medical referral
- prefer a more personal approach
- need a more convenient time outside the regular class timetable
- A private session or introductory class must be attended before joining a course/class
- A place in a class is only confirmed on receipt of payment in full
- As classes are run in courses, they must be block-booked (usually in 6-week blocks)
- If you are unable to attend a particular class, you will be able to take part in a catch up session in another class, subject to availability
- 24 hours’ notice must be given if you are unable to attend a class by calling 02477 674 324
- Classes are strictly limited to a maximum of 8 people
Got a question about our Pilates Classes?
Call us on 02477 674 324 or contact us by filling in the below form with your details…
Bedworth Active Health Clinic welcomes you...
Whether you have chronic niggles, aches or muscle and joint pain due to work-related strain, sports injuries, or postural problems; you are suffering acute problems due to an accident, whiplash, pregnancy, a slipped disc or trapped nerve; or you suffer with other symptoms such as headaches or general stiffness, the team at The Bedworth Active Health Centre for osteopathy and sports injuries can help.